Head of Human Resources for Volvo Argentina
Are you searching for new challenges? Are you passionate about people and engagement, do you share our view that engaged and challenged people deliver the best?
Have you already gathered extensive experience in Human Resources?
If so, we have great news as Volvo Trucks & Buses Argentina is looking for a Head of Human Resources.
This is us, your new colleagues.
At Volvo Group we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges.
We are committed to make a change, for people by people.
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team that is focused on transforming the Volvo Group’s People and Culture. We are a team of subject matter experts across employee engagement, inclusion & diversity, talent management, performance & leadership, environment, health, safety, and wellbeing.
We use these areas of expertise to drive for continuous improvement by collaborating with colleagues across Latin America.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking an experienced and customer service driven Head of Human Resources to drive and align our HR initiatives and functions with business objectives and business needs.
Someone passionate about people, highly engaged and knowledgeable person.
The Head of Human Resources will be responsible for supporting Volvo Trucks & Buses organization in Argentina, wholesale, retail, and others as manage the Human Resources team.
This position will set the HR strategy and define the direction to ensure a solid people focus on our organization and will provide advice in HR related matters and organizational changes.
In this role you will also contribute with your solid knowledge of both current and future competence needs, to give insights and advice that support strategic and tactical business decisions.
Furthermore, you will be a key player in developing a strong, value-based culture with high ethical standards and you endeavor to enhance the employee experience, both to engage current employees and to attract new talents.
You are responsible for core HR processes such as employee sourcing, succession planning, performance management, compensation & benefits, labor relations, and strategic capabilities.
Included in these responsibilities :
- Actively participate on the management team to provide strategic HR advice, solutions, and support for the management with HR related issues.
- Ensure compliance and provide guidance with labor laws, government regulations as group policies and directives.
- Provides guidance to convert strategies into result driven actions. In addition, act as liaison with other HR functions and internal communication.
- Monitor and foster talent by facilitating talent reviews. Plan for succession and identify the values, behaviors, and skills for future leaders to develop against.
- Define the annual training plan for all the company together with the management team.
- Provide day to day coaching and guidance to management at all levels to drive individual and organizational effectiveness while boosting engagement and performance.
- Serve as Engagement Ambassador and Change Manager during Employee Engagement survey and follow-up.
- Build relationships at all levels within the organization to effectively maximize employee and management involvement in driving change.
- Act as a culture champion, promoting company values to guide decision-making and drive thoughtful and effective change management ensuring organizational development solutions drive business transformation.
- Supports the definition and the implementation of the annual training program recommending adjustments to the management.
- Responsible to control and optimize the area budget.
- Supports on workforce planning and trends with HR recommending adjustments to the management and / or to the involved areas.
- Responsible for administrative activities as managing facilities and be the focal point to the third-party companies.
- Responsible to control and optimize the area budget.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Who are you?
To enjoy working in this position you are comfortable performing various initiatives in conjunction with day-to-day activities and you can work independently.
You inspire and motivate employees, colleagues, and managers around you to perform with engagement and passion. We seek for having a great teamwork who continuously strive to improve our ways of working;
we therefore believe that you are a team player who likes to cooperate with others.
Other education, skills, and competencies you may have :
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, organizational Development, or related field is required.
Appropriate people management qualification is highly appreciated
- Master Degree or specialization in related fields will be a plus
- Proven track record for minimum 5 years as a progressive HR manager experience across multiple HR disciplines combined with large complex organizations with multiple stakeholders and multicultural environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills applicable across (presentations, performance touchpoints, coaching, mentoring) approaches
- Proven track record of successfully developing people, culture, and leadership. An HR professional with high integrity who actively strives for continuous development and keeps up to date with the latest HR trends
- Ability to work effectively and support business leaders at all levels and their organizations
- Ability to handle in a responsible way large amounts of confidential / sensitive information on a frequent basis
- Must have strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple objectives and tasks, in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence, lead, manage, promote, and support projects as strong business and HR acumen, including problem-solving and manage conflicts effectively
- Highly adaptative and effective both virtual and cross-cultural environment, and you have a good command of Office 365 digital tools, as good knowledge in HR database tools
- Required proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish
- You’re a leader - someone who inspires, collaborates, motivates, and always sees opportunities
Are we the perfect match?
We believe our new head of Human Resources is above all an effective people & business leader, embracing all aspects of modern people and culture leadership.
Over time we know you will love the business and the people. Working together with our colleagues around the world we perform and will transform.
We are aiming high and if you match our description, do not hesitate to send your application. We look forward to meeting you!