IDB Invest Credit Risk Management Officer
Are you passionate and expert in Corporate Finance, including sectors such as agribusiness, telecommunications and media, tourism, and manufacturing?
If so, we are looking for you!
The Credit Risk Management Department is responsible for developing and leading all aspects of credit risk policies, parameters and procedures, reviewing credit and investment proposals, to assessing risk and supporting the internal credit approval process.
The Credit Risk Management Division works closely with Investment Officers and clients to find opportunities to add new value dedicatedly, beyond compliance and risk mitigation, and bring developmental impact and sustainability.
What you’ll do :
- Support the origination, execution, and monitoring of corporate transactions with significant development impact and provide independent technical risk assessments.
- Identify sensitive areas and issues (to be addressed by various business areas) and offer potential solutions and alternative.
- Perform an independent credit risk assessment of complex corporate transactions, reviewing and providing advice on financing structures, financial documents, consultant reports, financial models, and legal documentation.
- Be part of multidisciplinary teams in the analysis of prospective transactions and make recommendations to mitigate the identified key credit risks.
- Review and ratify the internal credit risk ratings, considering borrower risks, transaction structure risks, macro / regulatory environment, envisioned probability of default, loss-given default, and expected recoveries.
- Review the portfolio of non-sovereign guaranteed operations and undertake periodic annual reviews.
- Prepare written credit risk assessments including a credit recommendation on the counterparty's risk profile / rating.
- Formulate well-reasoned recommendations and persuasively communicate recommendations at required committees and to senior management.
- Review and advise the processing of waivers and amendments presented by required Divisions.
- Work closely with the Special Assets Division on troubled debt restructurings to identify a suitable strategy and steer jointly with partners within IDB Invest recovery efforts and propose loan provisions.
- Use analytical tools, risk management models and methodologies to measure IDB Invest credit risk exposure for assigned projects and ensure all transactions operate inside of clearly established limits.
- Provide mentorship and advice to origination teams and collaborate in the design and administration of training programs on credit issues.
What you’ll need :
Citizenship : You are a citizen of Argentina or a resident with legal permit to work in Argentina.
Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Education : You hold a master’s degree (or equivalent Licenciatura ) in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent discipline.
Experience : You have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in similar positions. You possess proven analytical skills and seeking innovative solutions.
Languages : Excellent English and Spanish language proficiency, oral and written, is required.
Link to & ( please Ctrl + Click)
Opportunity Summary :
- Type of contract : Fixed-term, staff
- Length of contract : 3 years
- Location : Argentina
Our culture : Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment.
We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality.
As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.