JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The world's corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
About this Role
We are seeking an Associate level candidate for a role within the Sales and Research Production Management Team (Part of Digital Markets Production Management). The Digital Markets platform includes JP Morgan Markets - the client platform which delivers J.P. Morgan's financial markets solutions across the full trade lifecycle: award-winning research, powerful analytics, structuring tools,
direct API connectivity to JPM systems, multi-product trading and extensive post-trade capabilities. Additionally, Digital Markets includes a number of applications critical to the operations of our sales force, research organization and Investor Services divisions and beyond.
- Regular engagement with business client services, infrastructure and other stakeholders of the applications supported
- Supporting a MIFID II-compliant Sales Trader workflow platform
- Resolving day-to-day issues impacting the application stack - including being first point of contact for Technology and Business across the full spectrum of production management responsibilities
- Work within a team comprised of both local and off-shore resources to provide day-to-day support to both internal and external users
- Work closely with the Digital Platforms development team to understand issues, drive resolutions and stability of the applications evolving the support to meet these needs.
- Create, continuously improve and maintain real-time monitoring dashboards to ensure system operability and performance
- Proactively identify areas for stability improvement in the software/hardware stack and contribute to the development of remedial solutions
- Identify and drive creation of tooling to ensure quality management of incidents and proactive follow-ups to issues
- Manage the on-boarding of new businesses, clients and applications to the team's portfolio
- Ensure resiliency of the platform through managed DR/SR/HA events.
The successful Candidate needs to be familiar with ITIL support methodologies and concepts (Change, Incident, Problem, Event, Configuration management etc). A candidate who has a proven track record of supporting internal and/or external clients is a strong preference, as is someone who has previously worked a diverse team.
The successful applicant will possess an undergraduate degree in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics, engineering, computing science) and be keen to develop a career in a world class investment bank with an intimate exposure to a front office environment. They will possess the following skills and core competencies:
- Familiarity with ITIL methodologies related to IT service management
- Possesses a continuous process improvement mindset
- Building tools using scripting and programming languages like Perl, Python, Java, C#
- Experience developing and supporting applications built on Python, Java or .NET framework
- Experience with relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge and experience with system and application monitoring software like Geneos, DynaTrace and Splunk
- Experience working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux (RHEL experience preferred)
- Proficiency with incident and problem management best practices including: resource co-ordination, stakeholder communication, root cause analysis, conducting incident post mortems, etc
- Experience supporting FICC and/or Equity sales and trading environments covering algorithmic trading, order routing, low-latency trading and exchange connectivity with a working knowledge of business flows and terminology
- Experience adopting and implementing DevOps practices and tools
- Networking / Infrastructure working knowledge a plus
- Experience with KDB a plus
- Experience supporting public/private cloud based, Java, or e-commerce applications a plusJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.