Are you excited about the opportunity to influence the software industry by being involved with visionary technologies? Do you want to work on consumer facing, but enterprise grade services? Salesforce itself is an ecosystem of cloud services running on various technology stacks: our native Sales and Service Clouds, App Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and the like. Add to that the third-party vendors, who develop and sell services on our platform, and it becomes an interestingly diverse marketplace where many vendors sell many products, each composed of varying levels of many different services, to many customers. The Salesforce licensing and provisioning system is what ties it all together.
This particular position is for Salesforce Core Platform technology. We focused on Core Entity Platform Development which is the center piece of Salesforce technology that enables all developers at Salesforce to build great consumer products that support this multi-billion dollar company.
You will need to solve hard, cross-cloud problems to create a seamless experience across the internal customer clouds—for developers, administrators, and internal Salesforce employees. You’ll work in Java, Oracle PL/SQL, JSON, SOAP, XML, using Eclipse or IntelliJ, Perforce, Git, Maven, and other such industry standard tools. You will courageously reshape the system to support new scenarios, while tenderly ensuring that already-existing users are not disrupted too soon. You will invent things that get patents and that delight customers.You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of your code (and that of others), including performance tuning and occasional production support. You will meet with customers to learn what works for them and what doesn’t.
- Sound computer science concepts in the area of algorithms, data structures, databases, design patterns, caching, , etc.
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language.
- Solid knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL, and relational database schema design.
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using various testing frameworks.
- Experience with Agile development processes, CI, CD, and TDD.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to analyze complex systems and failure modes and build technical strategies for improvements based on those findings.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills, outstanding attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within the team and also consult with influence across teams.
- 5+ years of software development
- Skilled in an OOP language, preferably Java
- Strong communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- You will be collaborating with teammates and customers who are geographically distributed; clear communication is a must-have.
- Self-motivated, eager to solve problems and drive to completion, willing to work with others. We encourage pair programming and we require collaboration on design, code reviews, and testing.
- Hybrid engineer, able to design and implement your own code as well as review, test, and write test automation for high quality code delivery.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this