Johnson & Johnson
At Johnson & Johnson, the largest healthcare company in the world, we come together with one purpose: to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Diversity & Inclusion are essential to continue building our history of pioneering and innovation, which has been impacting the health of more than 1 billion patients and consumers every day for more than 130 years. Regardless of your race, belief, sexual orientation, religion or any other trait, YOU are welcome in all open positions at the largest healthcare company in the world.
When You Join Johnson & Johnson, Your Next Move Could Mean Our Next Breakthrough
At Janssen, we’re creating a future where disease is a thing of the past.
We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Hypertension.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Please visit for more information .
We are hiring the best talent for Public Affairs & Communications Senior Manager (Venezuela, Central America & Caribbean Cluster) to be located in Panama (Relocation Applicable).
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic planning for public affairs strategies and internal/external communications that support Janssen’s core therapeutic areas in VeneCenca. It will require to develop strategies that engage and influence stakeholders to build their trust and advocacy, drive business objectives and inspire employee advocacy and engagement.
In addition, will be responsible for Public Affairs programs, activities and the implementation of communication tools to support, protect and enhance the Janssen VeneCenca OpCo strategy, trust and reputation with effective communication. It will provide support as well on our access strategies with appropriate Public Affairs considerations, seamlessly integrated with all functions that define our access strategies (Government Affairs, Advocacy).
- - Develop and implement the Public Affairs and Communications strategy in VeneCenCa , which translates our company strategy into a compelling narrative for external audiences to strengthen the corporate image and reputation of Janssen.
- - Develop and implement a corporate communications strategy for OpCo VeneCenCa which grows Janssen and J&J;’s reputation in the cluster, leveraging corporate initiatives, Janssen assets and stakeholder participation where appropriate.
- - Proactively engage, inform, influence, develop and leverage relationships with key external stakeholders and enable senior leaders within the organization to engage with them to grow our reputation.
- - Contribute to shaping external thought leadership and public policy, requiring seamless collaboration with External Affairs staff in VeneCenCa and frequent partnering with leading industry trade associations in the different countries within the Cluster
- - Actively monitor trade/industry/business media landscape, identifying trends and seeking opportunities to drive powerful local activation of campaigns, in close collaboration with regional communication & public affairs team members.
- - Connect and partner with Patient Advocacy groups across the cluster to partner with them in initiatives that help empower patients to access their treatments.
- - Develop and effectively execute organizational communications strategies as well as leadership communication to engage, educate and motivate employees to achieve superior results and make them ambassadors for the company. This includes providing strategic counsel, coach and support to local Managing Director and local/cluster board.
- - P rovide advice and support with strategic communications to the Therapeutic Areas, Functions and Corporate developing and managing state-of-the-art internal communications framework to increase effectiveness and reach of target audiences in alignment with Function’s guidelines; Support Janssen Strategy and regional Culture locally while supporting business and change management initiatives.
- - Lead the local Strategic Affair Working Group and represent VenCenCa in the regional Pandemic Response Team
- Partner with digital communication regional colleague to develop and guide implementation of internal communication strategies for product or new indication.
- Manage communication agencies and other professional agencies supporting Corporate Communications, Public Affairs and brands/Tas, by developing Communication budgets and manage resources.
Qualifications and Requirement:
- Professional in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related.
- Postgrade in Public / Government Affairs , Communications or related is highly desirable
- 10 years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements
- 4 - 5 Experience in crisis/issues management, dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- proven experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects
- High level of understanding of the political and economic landscape, decision-making process and procedures in Latin America
- Fully Bilingual English-Spanish is a must. Portuguese is a plus
- Exercise a high level of independent judgment even in challenging, complex situations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and drive results in a matrixed organization and develop successful partnerships with business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of digital and social platforms
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- the role have to be located in Panama (Relocation Applicable).
Are you passionate about this role? apply up to April 7th