JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
JPMorgan Chase is currently seeking a Discovery Operations Specialist to join the Legal Discovery Management (LDM) group in the Legal Department. LDM is an internal organization within the firm's Litigation Department that supports and facilitates the legal discovery process, including the identification, preservation, collection, review, and production of information relevant to litigation matters,
regulatory inquiries, and internal investigations. This is an Analyst-level position responsible for performing custodial/data source research and identification, along with the preservation, collection, disposition, and/or secure delivery of data within pre-defined Service Level Agreements and turnaround times.
- Research, preserve, collect and/or release data in support of litigation or regulatory requests, working closely with LDM Discovery Managers to fulfill requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Execute eDiscovery requests through workflow tools and track accordingly, following pre-defined procedures and continuously providing suggestions for process and technology improvement
- Maintain user documentation and provide suggestions for modifications
- Coordinate with internal IT and business partners to fulfill requests on dependent systems
- Coordinate with internal Data Center Operations and external vendors to restore data from backup tapes with appropriate chain-of-custody documentation
- Ensure that Legal requests are progressing and Legal deadlines are being met
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent direct experience preferred
- Previous eDiscovery or litigation support experience at a consulting firm, discovery vendor, or top tier law firm a plus. Experience with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act or Global Financial Crimes Compliance investigations a strong plus.
- Intermediate PC and Microsoft skills in a Windows environment. SQL, Oracle, VBA experience is a plus, as is experience with data visualization using tools like Tableau or Qlikview
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with record retention, records management, information governance, or data disposition are a strong plus.
- Highly organized, extremely detail and control-oriented
- Self-motivated, organized, and team-oriented, with the ability to resolve multiple confidential/sensitive, time-critical, and competing priorities and projects
- Exceptional analytical, time management, interpersonal, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Intellectual rigor, high levels of self-motivation and emotional intelligence
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Portuguese language skills are a plus. Effective communicator with a focus on customer satisfaction, quality, process, tools, and people
Please provide your CV/resume in EnglishJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.