JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Department & Team Description
JPMC's Audit Department reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and is further accountable to the Chairman and CEO,
senior management and regulatory agencies. Internal Audit is an independent function that provides objective assurance guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the organization. It assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The team's priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development
The Corporate Functions Audit team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including Finance, Risk Management, Compliance (including Global Financial Crimes Compliance), Legal, Human Resources, Global Real Estate, and Global Security & Investigation. The team also works closely with each Line of Business (LOB) Audit team to ensure consistent coverage of these topics.
The Corporate Sector - Auditor will report directly into the Latin America Corporate Functions Audit Director who is responsible for audit coverage over Risk Management, Finance, and the Location Governance Program. The Corporate Sector - Auditor will drive the audit coverage for Corporate Functions including Risk, Finance, Location Program and other areas such as Compliance and Human Resources in Latin America, partnering closely with the LOB Audit teams to drive risk assessment, control identification, development of audit testing, completion of audit work and ongoing continuous monitoring activities considering corporate and local regulatory requirements. This individual will be responsible for clear communication of these initiatives and risks across the LOB audit teams and stakeholders.
Partner with the Audit Team, Audit Director, Audit LOB and Regional Risk Management Leadership teams to drive a consistent and seamless Regulatory and Corporate Audit Program of coverage across the Firm.
- Identify and implement best practices; drive change within internal audit and the firm to strengthen the regulatory Risk Management control framework.
- Participate with the Audit Director in key internal meetings, project initiatives that arise, and collaborate in ad hoc projects as necessary related to Risk Management.
- Manage and/or consult on audit engagements covering Risk Management and Finance.
- Monitor and analyze key projects and initiatives including performance indicators to identify trends.
- Partner with Practices and both Audit LOB and Regional Leadership to identify emerging issues and distill thematic or systemic control issues affecting Risk Management and Finance.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events impacting the Firm's risk organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant experience which could include Audit and/or Risk Management. Experience auditing Finance is considered as a plus.
- Established track record of overseeing and executing both short term and long-range objectives.
- Strong control orientation and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication in English and Spanish and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management. Portuguese language skills are considered as a plus.
- Sound risk judgment, ability to effectively dimension issues with clear supporting rationale.
- Ability to build rapport across Audit teams, with internal stakeholders and examiners.
- Experience in establishing and meeting goals, tracking and driving optimization opportunities, and presenting progress of the same.
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation.
- Travel internationally (around 20%)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.