JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide.
The Legal Department of JPM is responsible for the provision of legal services to the firm. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary "OTS".
OTS is headed by the Corporate Secretary who reports to the firm's General Counsel to promote effective and consistent governance of the firm's legal entities and branches through its partnerships with senior management, directors, control groups, lines of business and corporate units. OTS operates through a corporate team and four regional hubs, in NAMR, LATAM, EMEA and APAC.
OTS is currently in the process of enhancing its operational efficiencies,
optimising its processes and also strengthening its control environment globally.
The role and key responsibilities:
We are looking for a dynamic and agile individual to be based in Argentina who is comfortable working across a number of activities with a range of stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to be part of an international team reporting directly to the Head of International Operations.
The successful candidate will play an important role in guiding the team through continued transformation of our end-to-end processes for Legal Entity Management. The scope of this role includes an innovative cross-business and cross-functional effort, focused on optimizing our operational efficiencies while reinforcing a strong control environment. Through partnership with global colleagues the Operations Analyst will assist in driving the implementation of the OTS Global Operating Model forward.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently and be a true "self-starter." The successful candidate must also be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively and succinctly with all levels of management and be adept at Excel and PowerPoint.
Primary Duties will include:
- Support the Head of International Operations to drive initiatives and projects forward (e.g. vendor management and operational support for external directors including conflict management)
- Support our repository management program by working with colleagues globally to ensure that documents and links are up to date and fit for purpose
- Assist in managing our intranet pages and other means of communication including our departmental newsfeed
- Assist the Head of International Operations with the People and Culture program which aims to promote a positive work environment for the department
- Produce metrics/reporting by extracting data from our core databases and summarise key findings. Be comfortable using Excel functions: pivot tables, vlookups, calculation tools etc.
- Drive initial project set up; mapping key stages/steps/milestones in Visio/Excel or PowerPoint as required. Coordinate global and regional projects, provide project status reporting, which will include weekly updates and interact with stakeholders across the region
- Provide support to ad-hoc special matters and assignments as they get assigned by global or regional management.
- Help track and manage team resources/workload by speaking to individuals and understanding their deliverables and capacity. Help mitigate busy periods by forward planning
- Seek efficiencies and more effective ways of working by understanding the current processes and how we can streamline and improve.
- Assist in driving and implementing technology enhancements, e.g. by conducting UAT testing
- Bachelor's degree - Required
- Project Management qualification - would be a plus
- Experience in a corporate governance position - would be a plus
Role Requirement, Desired background and Experience
- University degree
- Experience in an operational role within a large financial services firm, legal firm or other large organisation is desirable
- Working hours: 7AM to 4PM Buenos Aires Local Time
- Language skills: Fluent English is required.
- Excel and PowerPoint skills - Required
- Experience/exposure to Legal Entity Management /Corporate Governance databases and applications (e.g. GEMS) is beneficial but not essential - Desired / a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work across different regions and cultures
- Highly detail oriented, results driven with ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify issues requiring escalation or special attention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Takes accountability for work product and owns duties through completion with follow up
- Highly organised
- Comfortable with change
- Keen to learn new skills / information
- High integrity
- Team player
Points to note
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Please provide your resume in EnglishJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.