Departamento de San Lorenzo
The Asset Technology (AT) Engineer is a trusted manufacturing technology expert who is fully aware of the asset process capabilities and technology opportunities and who generates value by executing the Asset Technology Improvement & Innovation Process (ATIIP).
- Understanding the portfolio technology vision and its applicability to the associated assets.
- Measuring the current asset technology performance, quantifying and prioritizing gaps.
- Gathering baseline data associated with the portfolio target KPI's.
- Quantifying gaps between current performance and technology portfolio targets (e.g. using trends observed in campaign reports).
- Prioritizing gaps related to the relevant technology portfolio targets.
- Analyzing gaps and identifying causes.
- Determining (and validating) causes of the gaps.
- Verifying if causes are controllable or actionable.
- Identifying technology improvement ideas.
- Evaluating technology improvement ideas.
- Identifying the best solution. Estimating the early stage cost, benefit and staffing needs.
- Obtain stakeholder support for technology projects.
- Providing inputs to Capital Planning Process for technology projects.
- Verifying resource needs, preliminary scope and risk assessment for technology projects.
- Lead scope definition and approval process of technology projects (Successful Gate 1 Review).
- Providing project leadership to drive knowledge-based solutions using the appropriate methodology (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).
- Controlling and sustaining the improvements as project implementation leader.
- Comparing actual results to project objectives.
- Determining the cause of potential failure and pursuing corrective actions.
- Confirming documentation is sufficient to sustain the improvement.
- Communicating project results to stakeholders.
- Ensuring technology learnings from prior campaigns are documented and incorporated in subsequent campaigns and new technology opportunities.
- Collaborating with plant team to provide technology expertise in support of process safety management programs.
- Leading the Asset Technology Team to support the ATIIP process.
- Partnering with operations for complex troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Support Unplanned Event investigation for technology-related events and leveraging of learning reports as appropriate.
- B.S. in Production Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Three years of relevant technical experience.
- Advanced / Fluent English.
- Technical Diagnostic and Problem Solving.
- Collaboration and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Effective Communication (i.e. verbal, written).
- Root Cause Analysis Methodologies.
- LEAN Six Sigma methods (Green Belt certification preferred).
- Statistical analysis.
- Continuous Improvement (e.g. Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).