TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
As a member of the Engineering and Quotes department, you will be part of the translation process from the preliminary steps (quoting) until the last one (QA and preparing files for delivery) within a localization project. This team not only prepares the files for translation, but also will assess other departments on the costs and time needed to complete the project, and find solutions to the challenges that may arise during the localization project.
Upon joining the Engineering and Quotes department, you will be trained in providing quoting metrics, working with different tools, parsing files and also working with the company’s CAT tool (Wordfast) on a daily basis, and you will be able to expand knowledge on the different types of localization projects (website , software localization, eLearning…).
- Analyze various file formats for localization potential
- Assess time/material requirements for completion of projects
- Prepare various file formats and technologies for translation using CAT tools
- Carry out Quality Assurance procedures on translated files
- Maximize the use of technology in all steps of production
- Provide technical support for production team, sales and other departments
- Develop and implement procedures for maximizing productivity through technology solutions
- Interface with production team, sales and other departments
Essential skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent (Translator degree preferred. Computer Science degree is also accepted)
- Knowledge or experience working with different types of software
- Superb analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)
- Extensive use of CAT and localization engineering tools
- Some knowledge of InDesign, QuarkXPress and other DTP applications (Adobe)
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
- Organized and motivated self-starter with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be flexible with hours to accommodate project deadlines
- Localization, DTP, and technology related experience essential