JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Reporting to an Associate based in Buenos that will manage the BA Business Control Officers Extended team.
The Business Control Manager (BCM) analyst will provide critical support to the CIB Markets BCO team. The BCM's primary responsibility is to help the CIB business executives implement a robust first line of defense control environment with strong oversight and governance. In addition, the analyst will interact with multiple line functions, including: Market Risk, Product and Financial Control, Business Management, Trade Support, Technology and Operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
Management of Operational Risk and Control Data
1. Issue & Action Plans:
Manage the full lifecycle of an issue and action plan by capturing details in the Operational Risk System, tracking progress to ensure timely closure, ownership change updates, close action plans after obtaining appropriate evidence to substantiate closure, escalation of potential delays, obtain approval for extensions.
2. Risk Events: Manage the full lifecycle of a risk event including input of all required error details into the Operational Risk System, tracking of open risk events, ensure CIB risk event standards are complied with, and maintain error escalation lists, and risk event data quality review and tracking of error corrective actions.
3. RCSA (Risk and Control Self Assessment): Maintain structural and related data includingmanagement of business hierarchy changes,Cross LOB Consistency reviews, RCSA Calibration exercises, PARCs (Process Activity, Risk and Control), Inherent Risk Weightings, Control Ratings, Business Guidance and Procedures and issue/action plan linkages. Represent the BCM team at CIB RCSA governance meetings and manage all BAU requests. Ensure CIB/Corporate RCSA standards are complied with.
4. Other: Operational Risk System Recertification and Adhoc risk / control data management requests.
1. Business Control Committees (BCC), Business Control Forums (BCF) and related meetings: Responsible for the overall meeting administration which includes production and distribution of the materials, quality review of data within the materials, and manage the meeting invite.
2. Operational Risk Reports: Creating standard and adhoc reports relating to the RCSA, Issues/Action Plans, Risk Events, and Aggregated Risk Profile and related key operational risk reporting.
3. BCM Data Repository: Responsible for the document updates and maintenance of the BCM SharePoint site.
4. Attestations: Tracking and maintain evidence of business executive attestation.
- Understanding of end to end control process and reporting requirements
- Key focus on attention to detail
- Strong set of problem solving and re-engineering skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Clear and concise in verbal and written communication
- High level of motivation and diligence
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities as well as multi-task
- Partnering and influencing skills
- Fluent in EnglishJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.