Salesforce has immediate opportunities for talented software developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line, and the industry. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt, and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. The software engineer role at Salesforce encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
Passionate about being part of our community? Here is what we are searching for in you!
The Backend and Runtime teams are part of our UI Platform, the world-class organization responsible for building single-page applications in the ecosystem. We build the frameworks and APIs that our customers then use to build modern, engaging user experiences on the UI Application platform. We develop services that let consumers get access to their hosted data (such as via REST or GraphQL), with consistent caching, permission control, and shaping options. These services also allow for configuration and customization of a modular UI framework, compilation and caching for different outputs of their modular framework, and support these for a variety of mobile and web-based experiences. All of these must be done with high availability and low latency, working with sibling and distant teams to drive the best possible outcomes.
Manage a team of talented software developers responsible for building scalable, fast, and reliable world-class web services that power the world leading enterprise cloud ecosystem. Help members of the team grow both technically and professionally. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of projects. Collaborate with other engineering managers, product managers, and stakeholders to build services that help empower customers and constantly improve their experience. Manage and consistently improve the product development process. Participate in code and design reviews. Partner with product owners and program managers to help plan releases and schedule development. Track and report progress against key milestones. Utilize knowledge and experience with architecture patterns of large, high-scale web services that operate 24/7, building and delivering RESTful web services, web service performance engineering concepts, tools, methodologies, metrics, and analysis, and agile development methodology (Scrum, Kanban). Most of all, customer-focused, collaborative, and able to lead with respect, humility, and curiosity.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of development experience in Java (preferred), C#, or other similar language
- 3+ years of management experience, leading, growing, and supporting an engineering team
- Good understanding of API design, broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs such as REST, HTTP, JSON, etc.
- 4+ years of experience building reusable and scalable web services with RESTful APIs, micro-services architecture and implementation
- Versed in general browser to server interaction patterns in modern web UI frameworks
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Caching strategies and frameworks for sync and async patterns
- Experience in automated testing including unit, functional, and integration testing. Demonstrated knowledge of test-driven development practices as well as CI/CD tools and its usage
- Strong communication, collaboration, self-starter, and fast learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience and understanding of DevOps Processes, common observability patterns/tools
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with Salesforce api’s
- Familiarity with SQL and common storage strategies
- OSDE 410 for you and your family
- Wellness and Education Reimbursements
- Childcare Subsidies
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchas
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this