CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Domain Principal Architects have a special responsibility to be the “Architect in Residence” supporting the domain’s delivery teams and leaders with focused architecture design leadership. The role helps to create clarity, generate energy and enable domain teams to deliver better outcomes aligned to IT Strategy.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for assessing and defining the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the Global IT strategy and governing their use;
- Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application and technology standards;
- Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement;
- Creates technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state;
- Focuses on applications integrations to make sure each function is performed in the corresponding system;
- Maintains positive relationships with IT Latam and IT Global to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition;
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state;
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs;
- Components & elements (tech & non-tech) required to deliver business capabilities for the domain;
- How the components work together in an E2E fashion to meet goals;
- Focus on information, workflow, business rules, services, applications and user experience for a domain.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Computer Engineer, Bachelor of Systems or advanced student.
- Experience working in development teams, under Scrum or similar agile methodologies.
- Experience as a developer, preferably Java, AngularJS / ReactJS / VueJS, Spring Framework, Hibernate.
- Desired knowledge of DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, GIT.
- English Intermediate or higher level.
Alternate Location: AR-Buenos Aires-Las Toninas; AR-Buenos Aires-Olivos; AR-CABA-Buenos Aires; AR-Cordoba-Cordoba; AR-Mendoza-Mendoza; AR-Santa Fe-Rosario
Requisition #: 226411
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position and your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.