Reporting to the DevOps Lead/Design in EY Canvas, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for participating in scrum team based activities that are assigned to Assurance portfolio initiaitives.
The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to virtualization & cloud technologies, engineering of new solutions to meet customer needs and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and Network-as-a-service in support of our clients.
The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies, collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams.
The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable businesses. The candidate may be expected to serve as a technical lead on appropriate enaggements, ensuring quality and on time delivery within the team.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
- Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
- A good level of managerial competenceExcellent people skills
- Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
- Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
- Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
- Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an end to end solution.
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- Proactively raising issues to Engineering Lead.
- Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language
- Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Provide required training and support to other peer teams for newly designed and developed functionality.
- Utilize approved tools, adopt key performance indicators (KPIs), increase technology component reuse, and consolidate platforms, environments and products with the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
- Proven solution design skillsBeing able to script and automate a solution end-to-end (infrastructure, middleware and application layers).
- Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
- Communicative personality.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Self-supporting and independent attitude.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
- Experience of working in large brown and green field programs.