Beauty For All Industries
REMOTE BASED ELIGIBLE
Only Latam based applicants will be considered at this time open to working remotely from home if living in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cost Rica, Peru, Chile.
About the Role :
The DIrector, Product will lead Product Management across BFAI’s newest lines of business and key initiatives. Collaborating closely with business, design, and engineering partners, this leader will be responsible for cultivating and executing the web and mobile product strategy for innovative new offerings and ultimately growing and scaling these programs.
The Director, Product reports to Chief Product Officer, Sarah Rose.
What You’ll Be Doing :
- Collaborating closely with product / engineering leadership and business partners, lead product strategy for BFA’s newest lines of business including our Madeby Collective brands and key initiatives
- Deeply understand customer, brand and business needs to identify and address product opportunities, and drive innovation and growth for BFAI’s newest business opportunities
- Leverage industry best practices, partner closely with other Product and Engineering leadership to evolve our internal processes and frameworks to guide the product development team’s efforts, i.
e. Discovery and Delivery, and stay one step ahead as the company continues to scale
- Recruit, motivate and develop a world-class team of product managers capable of leading cross-functional teams through design thinking and other best practices in the early stages of the product lifecycle
- Iterate frequently and learn fast by identifying and validating assumptions early and often; experiment through A / B testing and other quantitative and qualitative methodologies to maximize probability of success
- Drive key strategic initiatives through Strategy Development and Discovery and activate key initiatives across the larger organization
- Make insights and data-driven decisions to develop and maintain your team’s product backlogs and roadmap ensuring alignment to business objectives
What We’re Looking For :
- 10+ years of experience in building and scaling mobile and web product roadmaps for innovative companies, ideally within the Consumer, eCommerce, and / or Marketplace domains
- Demonstrated experience building highly scalable products that drive sales and expansion at a high velocity and volume
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; experience managing through influence across teams and levels
- Customer focused mentality combined with the knowledge of how to build a web, mobile and physical products organization that will deliver an unmatched customer experience
- Data-driven with demonstrated success in establishing metrics, process and structure such as OKRs throughout an organization to improve overall operating efficiencies and facilitate product decisions
- Proven ability to lead and guide data teams obsessed with developing amazing personalized and customized products
- Unparalleled judgment and design sensibility applied to product vision, road mapping, scoping, UX, and release planning
- Coach who can roll up your sleeves and jump in where needed
Bonus if You Have :
- High analytical capability : ability to observe and interpret customer behavior towards product development; strong quantitative analysis
- Track record of building and launching successful products that customers love
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- Successful in both scrappy and entrepreneurial environments as well as more sophisticated and later stage organizations
- Entrepreneurial; you see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as chances to build
What We Offer :
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression.
We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments.
Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As we are a US based company to comply with country specific employment laws we partner with local in country payroll agencies.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.